1. Change the thought – Change the outcome: This is the starting point, reprogramming your brain by replacing an unhelpful negative thought or belief with a new positive one. Use your imagination to visualize or ‘show’ your brain what you want. The power of the mind cannot be over-estimated!
2. Self-belief starts with you: This is an empowering way of taking more control in your life rather than relying on others to make you feel good. Do something fun or caring for yourself today!
3. Don’t just do what you did last year: Repeating what you always do will bring you the same outcome unless others change & this is not in your control. So if you didn’t like all that happened last year make plans & set new goals, do something different!
4. Deal with difficult decisions now, not later: “Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today” We all know this but positive action is required to make it happen. Prioritize & do the difficult tasks first in the day so you have a clear focus for the rest of the day making you less stressed & more productive!
5. Find reasons to say “yes”: “I would love to but….” here comes the negative reason why you can’t! It can be a really positive experience to just say yes, if it is possible & what you want, then try to find ways that will allow you the opportunity, maybe you need others to persuade you, take control & decide for yourself!
6. Renegotiate: Stuck with what you have always had & now want a change? Look at learning to develop & use your assertive skills, ask for what you want, discuss your changing needs, expectations with yourself & others to reach the deal that works for you!
7. Flip it! There are always two sides to every situation, sometimes more. Take time to look at all your options, don’t just assume, maybe ask others & make informed choices based on facts!
Always consult your GP if you are concerned about your health.